pasta with fresh tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 8 ounces (225 g) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) pine nuts, toasted if desired
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, and oil in a medium bowl. Spice with salt and pepper. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and return to the pot. Add tomato mixture and stir to combine. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.