These delicious Scotcheroos are great for an afternoon snack
Prep time: 15 minutes + 2 hours to chill
Baking time: n/a
Yields: 9 servings
To prevent lumps when melting the butterscotch chips, melt them in a separate bowl.
For a thicker chocolate-butterscotch topping, double the amount chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of corn syrup, light or dark
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
6 cup of Rice Krispies (Rice Bubbles)
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup of butterscotch chips
- Line an 20cm x 20cm pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat granulated sugar and corn syrup in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring continually, until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Stir in peanut butter and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add Rice Krispies to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix to combine.
- Spread the Rice Krispies mixture evenly in the prepared baking pan. Set aside
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a large glass bowl (or two separate bowls, if preferred). Heat for 1 minute and then stir. Then, heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour chocolate-butterscotch mixture over the cereal mixture in the baking pan and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into 9 sections before serving